Mubarak`s fate up to Egyptian people: Hillary
Tromso: US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton isn`t commenting directly on the life-in-prison sentence handed down to ousted Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, but says his fate is "up to the Egyptian people, their judicial system and their government."
The 84-year-old Mubarak, an American ally who ruled for decades, was sentenced Saturday for failing to stop the killing of protesters during the uprising that forced him from power in 2011.
Hillary is praising Egypt for what she says was the recent free and fair election for president that is a further sign of Egypt`s progress in its democratic transition.
The initial presidential vote has set up a mid-June contest between Mubarak`s last prime minister and a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, a fundamentalist Islamist group that Mubarak long persecuted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- China unveils world's largest amphibious aircraft
- WATCH: SPINE-CHILLING! Goldberg makes WWE debut, spears The Rock!
- Sharad Pawar's MCA accepts SC verdict in toto, to rewrite constitution
- Ayushmann Khurrana rocks Seattle with his moonwalk, singing! Watch video
- GST bill will continue to rule market sentiments