Mubarak`s name to be removed from all public places: Judge
Cairo: Two months after he was toppled in
popular uprising, a Cairo court on Thursday ordered removal of
former president Hosni Mubarak`s name and that of his wife
Suzanne to be removed from all public places including streets
Judge Mohammad Hassan Omar said the names of Mubarak
and his wife would be removed from "all public squares,
streets, libraries and other public institutions around the
Currently, Pan-Arab channel al Jazeera reported that
over 500 public schools in Egypt bear the name of Hosni or his
wife, besides innumerable public buildings and streets.
Mubarak, who is under detention is presently admitted
in a military hospital for treatment of heart ailment with his
wife looking after.
The ousted president is being questioned over his
alleged role in violence used to quell the protest that
erupted against his rule on January 25. His wife and two sons
are also being questioned on charges of corruption.
His two sons Alaa and Gamal are lodged in infamous
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30