Mubarak`s name to be removed from all public places: Judge
Cairo: Two months after he was toppled in
popular uprising, a Cairo court on Thursday ordered removal of
former president Hosni Mubarak`s name and that of his wife
Suzanne to be removed from all public places including streets
Judge Mohammad Hassan Omar said the names of Mubarak
and his wife would be removed from "all public squares,
streets, libraries and other public institutions around the
Currently, Pan-Arab channel al Jazeera reported that
over 500 public schools in Egypt bear the name of Hosni or his
wife, besides innumerable public buildings and streets.
Mubarak, who is under detention is presently admitted
in a military hospital for treatment of heart ailment with his
wife looking after.
The ousted president is being questioned over his
alleged role in violence used to quell the protest that
erupted against his rule on January 25. His wife and two sons
are also being questioned on charges of corruption.
His two sons Alaa and Gamal are lodged in infamous
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning