Mubarak`s sons to remain in prison
Cairo: The son`s of jailed former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak-- Alaa and Gamal Mubarak-- will remain in provisional detention over illicit gain charges, Assistant Prosecutor General Counselor Adel el-Saeed said on Saturday.
The sons along with seven other persons will remain in provisional detention pending their trial for illegally obtaining around 2.51 billion Egyptian pounds from the sale of the National Bank of Egypt (NBE), a statement by Saeed said.
The two brothers and other seven persons were referred by the prosecution to the Criminal Court, he added.
Earlier in the day, Prosecutor General Abdel-Meguid Mahmoud decided to extend the provisional detention of Alaa and Gamal over charges of manipulating the NBE and the stock market.
Alaa and Gamal Mubarak returned to Tora prison on board a plane that carried them with former interior minister Habib el-Adli and six of his aides from the Police Academy after a ruling today that sentenced Adli and their father to life in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress