Mubarak`s sons to remain in prison
Cairo: The son`s of jailed former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak-- Alaa and Gamal Mubarak-- will remain in provisional detention over illicit gain charges, Assistant Prosecutor General Counselor Adel el-Saeed said on Saturday.
The sons along with seven other persons will remain in provisional detention pending their trial for illegally obtaining around 2.51 billion Egyptian pounds from the sale of the National Bank of Egypt (NBE), a statement by Saeed said.
The two brothers and other seven persons were referred by the prosecution to the Criminal Court, he added.
Earlier in the day, Prosecutor General Abdel-Meguid Mahmoud decided to extend the provisional detention of Alaa and Gamal over charges of manipulating the NBE and the stock market.
Alaa and Gamal Mubarak returned to Tora prison on board a plane that carried them with former interior minister Habib el-Adli and six of his aides from the Police Academy after a ruling today that sentenced Adli and their father to life in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'