Mugabe ‘receiving cancer treatment in Singapore’
Harare: Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe, who is believed to be suffering from prostate cancer, is secretly receiving medical care at a private hospital in Singapore.
According to Zimbabwe`s Standard newspaper, 87-year-old Mugabe has travelled to Singapore for treatment for the seventh time this year.
Zimbabwe`s media minister, Webster Shamu, confirmed his latest visit, and claimed Mugabe had made the journey for a check-up after he previously underwent an operation to remove cataracts from his eyes.
“He went for a review following an eye operation he had earlier on. He will be back on Sunday,” the Daily Mail quoted Shamu, as saying.
Speculation about Mugabe`s health has been rife for several years after the former liberation figure appeared to become increasingly frail.
It has heightened recently after the publication of leaked diplomatic cables, which appeared to confirm he was suffering from cancer.
WikiLeaks documents claimed that Mugabe was diagnosed with prostate cancer and warned by doctors in 2008 that he had only five years to live.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’