Mugabe ‘receiving cancer treatment in Singapore’
Harare: Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe, who is believed to be suffering from prostate cancer, is secretly receiving medical care at a private hospital in Singapore.
According to Zimbabwe`s Standard newspaper, 87-year-old Mugabe has travelled to Singapore for treatment for the seventh time this year.
Zimbabwe`s media minister, Webster Shamu, confirmed his latest visit, and claimed Mugabe had made the journey for a check-up after he previously underwent an operation to remove cataracts from his eyes.
“He went for a review following an eye operation he had earlier on. He will be back on Sunday,” the Daily Mail quoted Shamu, as saying.
Speculation about Mugabe`s health has been rife for several years after the former liberation figure appeared to become increasingly frail.
It has heightened recently after the publication of leaked diplomatic cables, which appeared to confirm he was suffering from cancer.
WikiLeaks documents claimed that Mugabe was diagnosed with prostate cancer and warned by doctors in 2008 that he had only five years to live.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing