Mugabe ‘receiving cancer treatment in Singapore’
Harare: Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe, who is believed to be suffering from prostate cancer, is secretly receiving medical care at a private hospital in Singapore.
According to Zimbabwe`s Standard newspaper, 87-year-old Mugabe has travelled to Singapore for treatment for the seventh time this year.
Zimbabwe`s media minister, Webster Shamu, confirmed his latest visit, and claimed Mugabe had made the journey for a check-up after he previously underwent an operation to remove cataracts from his eyes.
“He went for a review following an eye operation he had earlier on. He will be back on Sunday,” the Daily Mail quoted Shamu, as saying.
Speculation about Mugabe`s health has been rife for several years after the former liberation figure appeared to become increasingly frail.
It has heightened recently after the publication of leaked diplomatic cables, which appeared to confirm he was suffering from cancer.
WikiLeaks documents claimed that Mugabe was diagnosed with prostate cancer and warned by doctors in 2008 that he had only five years to live.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown