Mugger sentenced for stealing mobile, sexually attacking girl
London: A 19-year-old mugger, who stole a mobile phone from a girl and sexually assaulted her has been jailed for three years by a British court which also placed him on the sex offenders register indefinitely.
Bumbling Zach Jackson had pleaded guilty to robbery after the British police found a checklist outlining his plan in his house, including to `watch out for CCTV` and `wear gloves`.
Jackson assaulted his victim, also 19, and stole her phone when she was returning home from a night out with friends in Blackpool, Metro newspaper reported.
His victim`s father used her phone signal to track its location before informing the police who, while arresting Jackson, found his step-by-step guide to the crime.
Preston Crown Court was told that Jackson was hiding in a doorway pretending to talk on a phone and attacked the victim when she asked him for a cigarette.
The court also heard how Jackson slapped his victim with such force that she fell to her knees, and reached under her clothing to sexually assault her before stealing her phone and fleeing the scene.
Jackson, who also pleaded guilty to attempting to possess cocaine with intent to supply, was jailed for three years and will be on the sex offenders register indefinitely, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter