Murdoch foam attacker`s sentence reduced
London: The comedian jailed for six weeks for
dramatically throwing shaving foam at News Corporation
chairman Rupert Murdoch has had his sentence reduced to four
Jonathan May-Bowles, 26, admitted attacking the media
tycoon on July 19 at a hearing of the Culture, Media and Sport
Committee of the House of Commons.
May-Bowles, who calls himself Jonnie Marbles, was
sentenced at by a court in central London earlier this week.
Murdoch and his son James were giving evidence before MPs
when May-Bowles rushed forward from the public gallery and
threw a paper plate of foam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter