Murdoch foam attacker`s sentence reduced
London: The comedian jailed for six weeks for
dramatically throwing shaving foam at News Corporation
chairman Rupert Murdoch has had his sentence reduced to four
Jonathan May-Bowles, 26, admitted attacking the media
tycoon on July 19 at a hearing of the Culture, Media and Sport
Committee of the House of Commons.
May-Bowles, who calls himself Jonnie Marbles, was
sentenced at by a court in central London earlier this week.
Murdoch and his son James were giving evidence before MPs
when May-Bowles rushed forward from the public gallery and
threw a paper plate of foam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29