Murkowski lead at 1,706 as Alaska count continues
Juneau: Sen Lisa Murkowski is holding a lead in Alaska`s still-undecided Senate race as election workers prepare to count more write-in ballots.
About 8,800 ballots were to be tallied Tuesday. On Monday, election officials said Murkowski had emerged from several days of counting with a 1,706-vote lead over GOP nominee Joe Miller.
Murkowski waged a write-in campaign after losing the Republican nomination to Miller in August. She has 92,164 votes, but that total includes 7,601 write-in votes that have been challenged by the Miller campaign.
Miller has 90,458 votes.
Besides the ballots being counted, as many as 600 more ballots from overseas and military addresses could be submitted by a Wednesday deadline. The state plans to count those by Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj