`Muslim Brotherhood launches militia inside Syria`
Damascus: The Muslim Brotherhood has established its own militia inside Syrian capital Damascus as well as opposition hot spots like Homs and Idlib, a report has said.
Abu Hamza, one member of the group, which calls itself ‘Armed Men of the Muslim Brotherhood’, said he started the movement along with a member of the opposition alliance Syrian National Council (SNC).
“We saw there were civilians with weapons inside, so we decided to co-operate with them and put them under one umbrella,” the Telegraph quoted him, as saying.
Hossam Abu Habel, whose late father was in Syria`s Muslim Brotherhood in the 1950s, said that he raised USD 40-50,000 a month to supply Islamist militias in Homs province with weapons and other aid.
“Our mission is to build a civil country, but with an Islamic base. We are trying to raise awareness for Islam and for jihad,” he said.
According to the paper, the Syrian wing of the Muslim Brotherhood has been revitalised by the organisation`s success in Egypt, where it won both Parliamentary and Presidential Elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital