`Muslim Brotherhood launches militia inside Syria`
Damascus: The Muslim Brotherhood has established its own militia inside Syrian capital Damascus as well as opposition hot spots like Homs and Idlib, a report has said.
Abu Hamza, one member of the group, which calls itself ‘Armed Men of the Muslim Brotherhood’, said he started the movement along with a member of the opposition alliance Syrian National Council (SNC).
“We saw there were civilians with weapons inside, so we decided to co-operate with them and put them under one umbrella,” the Telegraph quoted him, as saying.
Hossam Abu Habel, whose late father was in Syria`s Muslim Brotherhood in the 1950s, said that he raised USD 40-50,000 a month to supply Islamist militias in Homs province with weapons and other aid.
“Our mission is to build a civil country, but with an Islamic base. We are trying to raise awareness for Islam and for jihad,” he said.
According to the paper, the Syrian wing of the Muslim Brotherhood has been revitalised by the organisation`s success in Egypt, where it won both Parliamentary and Presidential Elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?