Muslim Brotherhood supporters hold fresh march in Egypt
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Cairo: Pro-Morsi supporters held protests in several regions of Egypt on Friday to demand reinstatement of ousted president Mohamed Morsi.
The peaceful demonstrations were held in Cairo`s Helwan and Ain Shams districts, in Giza`s Haram district, in the coastal city of Alexandria and in Aswan.
The protesters shouted slogans against the military rule which under the leadership of General Commander of the Armed Forces Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi ousted Morsi in July.
Muslim Brotherhood has been holding several protests since July some of which were violent in nature.
In August, Egyptian security forces forcibly dispersed two large pro-Morsi protest camps in Cairo and killed hundreds of civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj