Muslim Brotherhood willing to `die` for ousted Prez
Washington: A Muslim Brotherhood spokesperson has expressed grave dissent over the ousting of President Mohamed Morsi by the Egyptian Army and said that the group would rather `die` than give in to the leadership of the interim president.
According to the Washington Times, Gehan El-Haddad said that the group has its own belief in the democratic system and they are willing to die for it.
El-Haddad said that Muslim Brotherhood might end up on the streets facing military bullets but the Egyptian people will face a 60-year-cycle of a new military dictatorship that will rob their freedom with short-term promises.
He further said that their children will suffer the consequences and added that the military must be pushed back into the barracks or the only alternative is killing.
The report said that the Islamists in their protests on Friday against Morsi`s ouster called for every free Egyptian to come out against the bloody military coup and said the protests weren`t simply about Morsi, but rather about a democratic process that was mocked by military coup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened