Muslim Brotherhood willing to `die` for ousted Prez
Washington: A Muslim Brotherhood spokesperson has expressed grave dissent over the ousting of President Mohamed Morsi by the Egyptian Army and said that the group would rather `die` than give in to the leadership of the interim president.
According to the Washington Times, Gehan El-Haddad said that the group has its own belief in the democratic system and they are willing to die for it.
El-Haddad said that Muslim Brotherhood might end up on the streets facing military bullets but the Egyptian people will face a 60-year-cycle of a new military dictatorship that will rob their freedom with short-term promises.
He further said that their children will suffer the consequences and added that the military must be pushed back into the barracks or the only alternative is killing.
The report said that the Islamists in their protests on Friday against Morsi`s ouster called for every free Egyptian to come out against the bloody military coup and said the protests weren`t simply about Morsi, but rather about a democratic process that was mocked by military coup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'