Muslim Brotherhood`s top leader arrested in Egypt
Cairo: Egypt`s military forces have arrested Muslim Brotherhood`s top leader Mohamed Badie, a day after ousting Brotherhood-affiliated president Mohamed Morsi, Xinhua reported.
Acting prosecutor general Ahmed Ezz el-Din on Thursday ordered the arrest warrant for the Muslim Brotherhood`s leader on charges of inciting the killing of anti-Morsi protesters.
The warrant also includes Badei`s deputy, Kirate El-Shater.
Investigations revealed that the two accused hired goons to kill opponents of the ousted president outside the Muslim Brotherhood`s headquarters in Cairo`s Muqattam district, a prosecution report said.
Egyptian security also arrested Mohamed Saad al- katatni, leader of the Muslim Brotherhood`s Freedom and Justice Party, and Rashad al-Bayoumi, deputy general guide of the group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket