Muslim Brotherhood`s top leader arrested in Egypt
Cairo: Egypt`s military forces have arrested Muslim Brotherhood`s top leader Mohamed Badie, a day after ousting Brotherhood-affiliated president Mohamed Morsi, Xinhua reported.
Acting prosecutor general Ahmed Ezz el-Din on Thursday ordered the arrest warrant for the Muslim Brotherhood`s leader on charges of inciting the killing of anti-Morsi protesters.
The warrant also includes Badei`s deputy, Kirate El-Shater.
Investigations revealed that the two accused hired goons to kill opponents of the ousted president outside the Muslim Brotherhood`s headquarters in Cairo`s Muqattam district, a prosecution report said.
Egyptian security also arrested Mohamed Saad al- katatni, leader of the Muslim Brotherhood`s Freedom and Justice Party, and Rashad al-Bayoumi, deputy general guide of the group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley