Muslims must fight `savage` US, British terrorism: Khamenei
Tehran: Iran`s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali
Khamenei on Wednesday called on Muslims to fight the "blind and
savage terrorism" fuelled by US and Britain, whom he blamed
for deadly bombings of an Iranian mosque.
"In our region... the blind and savage terrorism is born
out of the evil policies of the United States, Britain and
their state and non-state mercenaries," Khamenei said in a
statement marking the seventh day of mourning for victims of
the bombings of a Shiite mosque in southeastern Iran.
"All Muslims are required to combat and confront this
evil and sinister offspring which is the epitome of corruption
on earth and of waging war against God," the all-powerful
Khamenei said in the statement read out on state television.
Two suicide bombers on Thursday blew themselves up at a
Shiite mosque in Zahedan, the capital of Sistan-Baluchestan
province which borders Afghanistan and Pakistan, killing 28
people and wounding hundreds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing