Mussolini’s granddaughter lashes out at Carla Bruni
London: Benito Mussolini’s granddaughter has lashed out at France’s First Lady Carla Bruni saying that she should welcome illegal immigrants into her numerous “chateaux”.
Alessandra Mussolini, 48, an Italian MP and granddaughter of the country’s Second World War fascist leader, wants Bruni, 43, to take in Africans displaced by revolutions in Tunisia and Libya into her homes.
Mocking Bruni as a Marie-Antoinette-style Leftist, Mussolini said she should have “protested against the shutting of French borders to illegal immigrants decided by her husband”, President Nicolas Sarkozy.
Mussolini, who like Bruni has worked as a model and actress, is angry that the French have not accepted thousands of refugees arriving on the Italian island of Lampedusa.
“Why doesn’t the first lady welcome immigrants who want to come to France in her chateaux?” the Daily Mail quoted Mussolini as telling Le Figaro newspaper.
Franco Frattini, Italy’s Foreign Minister has already attacked France’s “absence of solidarity” while the EU has said France had no right to “send migrants back to Italy”.
Mussolini’s mocking attack on Bruni will add to the controversy, while also illustrating the increasingly chaotic nature of Europe’s immigration policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok