Myanmar anticipates total lift of EU sanctions
Yangon: Foreign ministers of the European Union are to meet in Luxembourg on Monday to decide on withdrawing all sanctions against Myanmar, exactly a year after the grouping announced suspension of most sanctions for a year except the arms embargo.
EU`s expected total lifting of all sanctions against Myanmar in recognition of its significant reform process would boost EU`s investment in the country and further promote Myanmar-EU relations, reports Xinhua.
In March, Myanmar President U Thein Sein paid an 11-day goodwill visit to Norway, Finland, Austria, Belgium and Italy. The milestone trip has brought about enhancement of bilateral ties with EU countries.
He proposed further cooperation for political reform, peace building, economic reform and environmental conservation.
Relations between Myanmar and the EU improved following the visit of European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'