Myanmar anticipates total lift of EU sanctions
Yangon: Foreign ministers of the European Union are to meet in Luxembourg on Monday to decide on withdrawing all sanctions against Myanmar, exactly a year after the grouping announced suspension of most sanctions for a year except the arms embargo.
EU`s expected total lifting of all sanctions against Myanmar in recognition of its significant reform process would boost EU`s investment in the country and further promote Myanmar-EU relations, reports Xinhua.
In March, Myanmar President U Thein Sein paid an 11-day goodwill visit to Norway, Finland, Austria, Belgium and Italy. The milestone trip has brought about enhancement of bilateral ties with EU countries.
He proposed further cooperation for political reform, peace building, economic reform and environmental conservation.
Relations between Myanmar and the EU improved following the visit of European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India