Myanmar anticipates total lift of EU sanctions
Yangon: Foreign ministers of the European Union are to meet in Luxembourg on Monday to decide on withdrawing all sanctions against Myanmar, exactly a year after the grouping announced suspension of most sanctions for a year except the arms embargo.
EU`s expected total lifting of all sanctions against Myanmar in recognition of its significant reform process would boost EU`s investment in the country and further promote Myanmar-EU relations, reports Xinhua.
In March, Myanmar President U Thein Sein paid an 11-day goodwill visit to Norway, Finland, Austria, Belgium and Italy. The milestone trip has brought about enhancement of bilateral ties with EU countries.
He proposed further cooperation for political reform, peace building, economic reform and environmental conservation.
Relations between Myanmar and the EU improved following the visit of European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested