Myanmar anticipates total lift of EU sanctions
Yangon: Foreign ministers of the European Union are to meet in Luxembourg on Monday to decide on withdrawing all sanctions against Myanmar, exactly a year after the grouping announced suspension of most sanctions for a year except the arms embargo.
EU`s expected total lifting of all sanctions against Myanmar in recognition of its significant reform process would boost EU`s investment in the country and further promote Myanmar-EU relations, reports Xinhua.
In March, Myanmar President U Thein Sein paid an 11-day goodwill visit to Norway, Finland, Austria, Belgium and Italy. The milestone trip has brought about enhancement of bilateral ties with EU countries.
He proposed further cooperation for political reform, peace building, economic reform and environmental conservation.
Relations between Myanmar and the EU improved following the visit of European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder