Myanmar establishes diplomatic ties with Luxembourg
Yangon: Myanmar has established diplomatic ties with Luxembourg, the third country that Myanmar forged links so far in 2012 after Malawi and Bhutan, said official sources Thursday.
The diplomatic establishment with Luxembourg has brought the total number of countries in the world with which Myanmar has such links to 107 since it regained independence in 1948, reported Xinhua.
According to the foreign ministry, Myanmar has so far set up embassies in 30 countries and two permanent missions in New York and Geneva, and four consulates-general in Hong Kong, Kunming and Nanning, and Kolkata.
Total 28 countries have their embassies in Myanmar. In addition, China and India have respectively set up consulates-general in Myanmar`s Mandalay, the second largest city, while Switzerland in Yangon and Bangladesh in Sittway have their consulates-general.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users