Myanmar establishes diplomatic ties with Luxembourg
Yangon: Myanmar has established diplomatic ties with Luxembourg, the third country that Myanmar forged links so far in 2012 after Malawi and Bhutan, said official sources Thursday.
The diplomatic establishment with Luxembourg has brought the total number of countries in the world with which Myanmar has such links to 107 since it regained independence in 1948, reported Xinhua.
According to the foreign ministry, Myanmar has so far set up embassies in 30 countries and two permanent missions in New York and Geneva, and four consulates-general in Hong Kong, Kunming and Nanning, and Kolkata.
Total 28 countries have their embassies in Myanmar. In addition, China and India have respectively set up consulates-general in Myanmar`s Mandalay, the second largest city, while Switzerland in Yangon and Bangladesh in Sittway have their consulates-general.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?