Myanmar establishes diplomatic ties with Luxembourg
Yangon: Myanmar has established diplomatic ties with Luxembourg, the third country that Myanmar forged links so far in 2012 after Malawi and Bhutan, said official sources Thursday.
The diplomatic establishment with Luxembourg has brought the total number of countries in the world with which Myanmar has such links to 107 since it regained independence in 1948, reported Xinhua.
According to the foreign ministry, Myanmar has so far set up embassies in 30 countries and two permanent missions in New York and Geneva, and four consulates-general in Hong Kong, Kunming and Nanning, and Kolkata.
Total 28 countries have their embassies in Myanmar. In addition, China and India have respectively set up consulates-general in Myanmar`s Mandalay, the second largest city, while Switzerland in Yangon and Bangladesh in Sittway have their consulates-general.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’