Myanmar, EU vow to work for peace
Yangon: Myanmar and the European Union have vowed to cooperate closely in their joint efforts to build peace in the country.
U Aung Min, minister at the President`s Office, and Jose Manuel Barroso, EU commission president, signed a joint declaration at Myanmar Peace Centre here, Xinhua reported.
The centre is to serve as a platform for dialogue among all involved in Myanmar`s ethnic peace process. In support of the initiative, the EU said it will provide funds.
Earlier Saturday, President U Thein Sein met Barroso in Nay Pyi Taw. The European leader also met with parliamentarian Aung San Suu Kyi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Video: How Wales's players celebrated rivals England's exit from the Euro 2016. Crazy!
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic
- Heartbreaking! Nobody tried to save my daughter as she bled to death, says Infosys employee's father
- Barack Obama has trouble recalling deaths on 'Game of Thrones'
- Kriti Sanon denies holidaying in Thailand with Sushant Singh Rajput