Myanmar, EU vow to work for peace
Yangon: Myanmar and the European Union have vowed to cooperate closely in their joint efforts to build peace in the country.
U Aung Min, minister at the President`s Office, and Jose Manuel Barroso, EU commission president, signed a joint declaration at Myanmar Peace Centre here, Xinhua reported.
The centre is to serve as a platform for dialogue among all involved in Myanmar`s ethnic peace process. In support of the initiative, the EU said it will provide funds.
Earlier Saturday, President U Thein Sein met Barroso in Nay Pyi Taw. The European leader also met with parliamentarian Aung San Suu Kyi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy