Myanmar govt allows opening of 20 private schools
Yangon: The Myanmar government has approved opening of 20 private schools following the enactment of the Private School Law since last year-end, Xinhua reported.
According to The Flower News Journal, the 20 private schools were among the 67 which had sought permission from the Ministry of Education for opening.
Most of the private schools are from the Yangon region, it added. Other six private schools were allowed for pilot run for one year.
According to official statistics, the number of state-operated basic education schools in the country has increased to 41,000 where a total of over 8.1 million students are pursuing education under the guidance of over 270,000 teachers.
In the latest step, the ministry has ensured that similar subjects shall be taught according to the curriculum prescribed in state schools, while allowing other additional subjects to be also taught so as to eliminate private tuitions.
To mobilise the teachers in the country to serve the education sector, a private teachers` union has been formed to seek knowledge and experience from foreign experts to help raise private teachers` qualification to international standard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof