Myanmar junta appoints election commission: State media
Yangon: Myanmar`s military junta has
appointed the country`s new election commission ahead of this
year`s polls, just days after announcing electoral laws, state
media said on Thursday.
Government-run television and radio said the regime had
issued an order appointing a 17-member commission, naming the
chairman as Thein Soe, although it gave no further details.
It is the commission that will announce dates for
upcoming elections promised by the ruling generals some time
this year. Analysts say the most likely time for the polls is
October or November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth