Myanmar launches new official daily newspaper
Yangon: Myanmar has launched a new daily newspaper, Myawaddy, bringing the total number of state-owned dailies to four, Xinhua reported on Saturday.
The newspaper, which is based in the new capital Nay Pyi Taw, started publishing on Friday and was available in Yangon on Saturday.
The introduction of the 16-page daily came two days after a new elected civilian government took office on Wednesday.
The other three state-run newspapers are Kyaymon, Myanma Ahlin and the English-language New Light of Myanmar.
According to the Information Ministry, besides newspapers, 172 journals and 182 magazines are published in Myanmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani