Myanmar launches new official daily newspaper
Yangon: Myanmar has launched a new daily newspaper, Myawaddy, bringing the total number of state-owned dailies to four, Xinhua reported on Saturday.
The newspaper, which is based in the new capital Nay Pyi Taw, started publishing on Friday and was available in Yangon on Saturday.
The introduction of the 16-page daily came two days after a new elected civilian government took office on Wednesday.
The other three state-run newspapers are Kyaymon, Myanma Ahlin and the English-language New Light of Myanmar.
According to the Information Ministry, besides newspapers, 172 journals and 182 magazines are published in Myanmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital