Myanmar launches new official daily newspaper
Yangon: Myanmar has launched a new daily newspaper, Myawaddy, bringing the total number of state-owned dailies to four, Xinhua reported on Saturday.
The newspaper, which is based in the new capital Nay Pyi Taw, started publishing on Friday and was available in Yangon on Saturday.
The introduction of the 16-page daily came two days after a new elected civilian government took office on Wednesday.
The other three state-run newspapers are Kyaymon, Myanma Ahlin and the English-language New Light of Myanmar.
According to the Information Ministry, besides newspapers, 172 journals and 182 magazines are published in Myanmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg seals deal as Lewis Hamilton crashes out in Friday Practice
- Tour de France: Chris Froome extends lead despite crash as Romain Bardet wins stage
- Missing IAF plane: Parrikar likely to visit Chennai tomorrow
- SHOCKING: FC Goa co-owners Dempo, Salgaocar 'quit' Indian Super League