Myanmar OKs framework for economic, social reform
Yangon: Myanmar`s Planning Commission has approved a 10-point basic framework for economic and social reforms, official media reported on Friday.
The basic framework covers finance and taxation reform, monetary sector reform, relaxation of regulations on trade and investment, undertakings for private sector development, health and education reforms, plan for food sufficiency and agricultural sectors development, plan for upgrading of mobile communication services and Internet system.
It also covers infrastructural development programs and programs for emergence of effective and efficient governing system and transparency, reported Xinhua citing the New Light of Myanmar.
Speaking at the conclusion of the commission meeting on Thursday in Nay Pyi Taw, President U Thein Sein said the two-day discussions, based on people-centred development approach, ranged from socio-economic, political and administrative objectives to 2013-14 fiscal year targets of national planning.
He underlined efforts in ensuring participation of all citizens in political process which is essential to put economic reform in place, stressing the need to make continued efforts to foster equal rights for each and every citizen to work as well as job opportunities, instituting economic reform, especially on rural development and poverty alleviation of rural people.
He emphasised improvement of public healthcare service, social security, access to electricity and better communication service.
He said that urbanisation projects must be implemented to ensure better living standard of the citizens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections