Myanmar OKs framework for economic, social reform
Yangon: Myanmar`s Planning Commission has approved a 10-point basic framework for economic and social reforms, official media reported on Friday.
The basic framework covers finance and taxation reform, monetary sector reform, relaxation of regulations on trade and investment, undertakings for private sector development, health and education reforms, plan for food sufficiency and agricultural sectors development, plan for upgrading of mobile communication services and Internet system.
It also covers infrastructural development programs and programs for emergence of effective and efficient governing system and transparency, reported Xinhua citing the New Light of Myanmar.
Speaking at the conclusion of the commission meeting on Thursday in Nay Pyi Taw, President U Thein Sein said the two-day discussions, based on people-centred development approach, ranged from socio-economic, political and administrative objectives to 2013-14 fiscal year targets of national planning.
He underlined efforts in ensuring participation of all citizens in political process which is essential to put economic reform in place, stressing the need to make continued efforts to foster equal rights for each and every citizen to work as well as job opportunities, instituting economic reform, especially on rural development and poverty alleviation of rural people.
He emphasised improvement of public healthcare service, social security, access to electricity and better communication service.
He said that urbanisation projects must be implemented to ensure better living standard of the citizens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- When Sushma Swaraj responded to a plea for help in chaste Haryanvi
- Karnataka bandh: KSRTC bus strike called off as state government announces 12.5% pay hike
- 7th Pay Commission: NPS funds earned more than PF in last six months
- Amitabh Bachchan celebrates 43 years of 'Abhimaan'
- Dibrugarh University MEE Result (www.dibru.ac.in) declared. Check ceemedu.org for Assam MEE 2016 result