Myanmar pardons 452 prisoners
Yangon: Myanmar President Thein Sein on Thursday announced amnesty for 452 prisoners, including foreigners, the New Light of Myanmar reported.
The amnesty was granted on humanitarian ground and for "prolonging friendship with neighbouring countries", Xinhua quoted the newspaper as saying. The government will extradite the foreign prisoners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt