Myanmar: Police clash with Muslim protesters
Rangoon: Hundreds of Muslim protesters in western Myanmar have reportedly clashed with police over a sectarian dispute.
The clash in the Maung Daw town took place when members of Muslim community took to the streets in protest at the killing of 10 Muslims allegedly at the hands of a local Buddhist group.
Tensions rose after the alleged rape of a Buddhist woman, blamed on members of Maung Daw`s Muslim minority, the BBC reports.
The protesters reportedly attacked several buildings in the town, including a hospital.
According to the report, it was not immediately possible to confirm casualties, but eyewitnesses claimed that police opened fire on demonstrators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!