Myanmar: Police clash with Muslim protesters
Rangoon: Hundreds of Muslim protesters in western Myanmar have reportedly clashed with police over a sectarian dispute.
The clash in the Maung Daw town took place when members of Muslim community took to the streets in protest at the killing of 10 Muslims allegedly at the hands of a local Buddhist group.
Tensions rose after the alleged rape of a Buddhist woman, blamed on members of Maung Daw`s Muslim minority, the BBC reports.
The protesters reportedly attacked several buildings in the town, including a hospital.
According to the report, it was not immediately possible to confirm casualties, but eyewitnesses claimed that police opened fire on demonstrators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred