Myanmarese national given lifer
Aizawl: A Myanmarese national, who axed a 32-year-old man to death, was convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment by the court of the Additional District and Sessions Judge in Aizawal on Thursday.
Chiahluna, 59, a Myanmarese national axed to death Zoramsanga of Mizoram-Myanmar border Farkawn village on the night of December 22, 2011 after a drunken brawl.
The murderer and the victim were drinking together on the fateful night and had arguments over trivial things after which Ciahluna took out an axe from the toilet and hacked Zoramsanga from behind killing him on the spot.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India