Myanmarese national given lifer
Aizawl: A Myanmarese national, who axed a 32-year-old man to death, was convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment by the court of the Additional District and Sessions Judge in Aizawal on Thursday.
Chiahluna, 59, a Myanmarese national axed to death Zoramsanga of Mizoram-Myanmar border Farkawn village on the night of December 22, 2011 after a drunken brawl.
The murderer and the victim were drinking together on the fateful night and had arguments over trivial things after which Ciahluna took out an axe from the toilet and hacked Zoramsanga from behind killing him on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi