Mysterious blast goes off in Gaza City
Gaza City: A mysterious explosion has gone off in Gaza City near a UN compound and a key base of the ruling Hamas movement`s feared intelligence service.
Security officials say no one was hurt in the blast, which tore a two-meter (six-foot) wide hole through a wall surrounding the UN compound. They said it was not clear what the target was.
The area was cordoned off and photographers and television crews were not allowed access.
The Israeli military, which strikes at militant targets in Gaza, said it was not operating in the area around midnight Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes