Mysterious blast goes off in Gaza City
Gaza City: A mysterious explosion has gone off in Gaza City near a UN compound and a key base of the ruling Hamas movement`s feared intelligence service.
Security officials say no one was hurt in the blast, which tore a two-meter (six-foot) wide hole through a wall surrounding the UN compound. They said it was not clear what the target was.
The area was cordoned off and photographers and television crews were not allowed access.
The Israeli military, which strikes at militant targets in Gaza, said it was not operating in the area around midnight Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list