Mystery surrounds identity of Denmark bombing suspect
Copenhagen: Danish police are still trying to establish the identity of the suspect in a Copenhagen hotel bombing, 48 hours after having arrested him, a spokesman admitted on Sunday.
Investigators say the man speaks at least three languages but is refusing to say who he is: in court yesterday he said he could recall neither his name nor his age.
In a bid to find new witnesses, detectives have released videos showing the man, a few hours before his arrest, in the toilets of the city`s Joergensen Hotel, where the explosion went off.
Other images showed him at a post office buying adhesive ribbon and material for wrapping a package.
The suspect, who received the help of a French interpreter during his appearance in court, was also charged with possession of a firearm before being remanded in custody.
The accused, on crutches, with the lower part of one leg missing and with injuries to his face, denied the charges and told the court through his interpreter that he could not recall either his age or his name.
"We have too many identities, but not the right one," Svend Foldager, the police inspector leading the investigation, said, Ritzau reported. The suspect, who was arrested in a park near the hotel soon after Friday`s
blast spoke English, French and German but not Arabic, said Foldager.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister