Mystery surrounds identity of Denmark bombing suspect
Copenhagen: Danish police are still trying to establish the identity of the suspect in a Copenhagen hotel bombing, 48 hours after having arrested him, a spokesman admitted on Sunday.
Investigators say the man speaks at least three languages but is refusing to say who he is: in court yesterday he said he could recall neither his name nor his age.
In a bid to find new witnesses, detectives have released videos showing the man, a few hours before his arrest, in the toilets of the city`s Joergensen Hotel, where the explosion went off.
Other images showed him at a post office buying adhesive ribbon and material for wrapping a package.
The suspect, who received the help of a French interpreter during his appearance in court, was also charged with possession of a firearm before being remanded in custody.
The accused, on crutches, with the lower part of one leg missing and with injuries to his face, denied the charges and told the court through his interpreter that he could not recall either his age or his name.
"We have too many identities, but not the right one," Svend Foldager, the police inspector leading the investigation, said, Ritzau reported. The suspect, who was arrested in a park near the hotel soon after Friday`s
blast spoke English, French and German but not Arabic, said Foldager.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr