Mystery surrounds identity of Denmark bombing suspect
Copenhagen: Danish police are still trying to establish the identity of the suspect in a Copenhagen hotel bombing, 48 hours after having arrested him, a spokesman admitted on Sunday.
Investigators say the man speaks at least three languages but is refusing to say who he is: in court yesterday he said he could recall neither his name nor his age.
In a bid to find new witnesses, detectives have released videos showing the man, a few hours before his arrest, in the toilets of the city`s Joergensen Hotel, where the explosion went off.
Other images showed him at a post office buying adhesive ribbon and material for wrapping a package.
The suspect, who received the help of a French interpreter during his appearance in court, was also charged with possession of a firearm before being remanded in custody.
The accused, on crutches, with the lower part of one leg missing and with injuries to his face, denied the charges and told the court through his interpreter that he could not recall either his age or his name.
"We have too many identities, but not the right one," Svend Foldager, the police inspector leading the investigation, said, Ritzau reported. The suspect, who was arrested in a park near the hotel soon after Friday`s
blast spoke English, French and German but not Arabic, said Foldager.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!