Mystery surrounds Kerry`s `stuttering on-off` Pak visit
Islamabad: US Secretary of State John Kerry`s trip to meet Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has got rescheduled again with no defined date given.
According to the Dawn News, the Prime Minister`s Office had reissued a statement on Saturday with amendment that the secretary would visit in a few days time.
The report has revealed that a meeting of the foreign ambassador with the premier on Saturday to discuss the agenda of the visit might have caused the delay.
Kerry`s visit to Islamabad to meet the newly-elected premier for chalking the way forward in bilateral ties with United States has got postponed since June, the report added.
It is being speculated that Kerry intends to visit Islamabad in first week of August, but that does not suit Sharif, who is planning to be in Saudi Arabia in those dates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP