N Korea blasts Israel`s foreign minister as `imbecile`
Seoul: North Korea on Saturday blasted Israel`s
Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman as an "imbecile" and denied
his claims that it was supplying Iran and Syria with weapons
Lieberman, in a visit to Japan Wednesday, accused the
North of creating a world-threatening "axis of evil" with the
two Middle Eastern countries.
He mentioned the seizure in Bangkok in December of arms
from North Korea "with huge numbers of different weapons with
the intention of smuggling these weapons to Hamas and to
Hezbollah," the militant Islamist and Shiite movements.
The Israeli minister also alleged the North was giving
"crucial" assistance to Iranian and Syrian missile programmes.
A spokesman for Pyongyang`s foreign ministry described
Lieberman as an "ultra-rightist" and "an imbecile in
The spokesman, quoted by the North`s official news
agency, said Israel was itself being criticised for its
nuclear programme and the expansion of settlements in the
The North "has nothing to do with any spread of WMDs"
(weapons of mass destruction)," the spokesman said.
In 2008, the United States accused North Korea of helping
Syria to build a nuclear reactor destroyed in an Israeli
bombing raid the previous year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore