N Korea demands preconditions for talks resumption
Pyongyang: North Korea is taking a step back from earlier vows that it would never deal with South Korea`s leader, but it is demanding preconditions for resuming talks that include the cancellation of US-South Korea military drills.
South Korea is unlikely to accept most of the demands made in a statement on Thursday by the Policy Department of the North`s powerful National Defence Commission.
It follows comments on Wednesday by a senior US diplomat that Washington is open to diplomacy if Pyongyang improves ties with Seoul.
North Korea is also demanding that South Korea apologise for failing to properly respect late North Korean leader Kim Jong Il, and that it stop criticising Pyongyang over two deadly 2010 attacks blamed on North Korea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands