N Korea demands preconditions for talks resumption
Pyongyang: North Korea is taking a step back from earlier vows that it would never deal with South Korea`s leader, but it is demanding preconditions for resuming talks that include the cancellation of US-South Korea military drills.
South Korea is unlikely to accept most of the demands made in a statement on Thursday by the Policy Department of the North`s powerful National Defence Commission.
It follows comments on Wednesday by a senior US diplomat that Washington is open to diplomacy if Pyongyang improves ties with Seoul.
North Korea is also demanding that South Korea apologise for failing to properly respect late North Korean leader Kim Jong Il, and that it stop criticising Pyongyang over two deadly 2010 attacks blamed on North Korea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31