N Korea demands preconditions for talks resumption
Pyongyang: North Korea is taking a step back from earlier vows that it would never deal with South Korea`s leader, but it is demanding preconditions for resuming talks that include the cancellation of US-South Korea military drills.
South Korea is unlikely to accept most of the demands made in a statement on Thursday by the Policy Department of the North`s powerful National Defence Commission.
It follows comments on Wednesday by a senior US diplomat that Washington is open to diplomacy if Pyongyang improves ties with Seoul.
North Korea is also demanding that South Korea apologise for failing to properly respect late North Korean leader Kim Jong Il, and that it stop criticising Pyongyang over two deadly 2010 attacks blamed on North Korea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next