N Korea fires artillery off west coast: Official
Seoul: South Korea`s Defence Ministry says that North Korea has fired artillery into the waters off its west coast.
A Defence Ministry official says the rounds were fired on Monday into the sea off the North`s coast, but gave no further details, including how many shells were fired, and how close the firing was to the two Koreas` disputed sea border.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity citing department policy.
The firing came amid high tension over the sinking of a South Korean warship blamed on North Korea in March, and recent military exercises by South Korea and the US.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference