N Korea minister `satisfied` with talks with US
New York: Visiting North Korean First
Vice Foreign Minister Kim Kye Gwan said he is satisfied with
the results of bilateral talks with the United States held
last week in New York.
Kim spoke to reporters yesterday when he left the hotel
where he was staying before leaving New York for Pyongyang via
He added that there are many more things to be done in
the future and that the two countries need to continue their
When asked about Pyongyang`s uranium enrichment
activities, Kim stressed that they are for generating
He reiterated that uranium enrichment is an issue to
do with the peaceful use of nuclear energy, indicating North
Korea will not easily cave in to the US demand that it halt
In Beijing, Kim may meet with Wu Dawei, China`s
special representative for Korean Peninsula affairs who
presides over the six-party talks on Pyongyang`s nuclear
ambitions, to explain the outcome of the bilateral talks.
Kim arrived in New York on July 26 and met with
Stephen Bosworth, US special representative for North Korean
policy, during the talks held Thursday and Friday. He also
attended a closed-door meeting Monday hosted by private
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?