N Korea must give up nukes or face isolation: S Korea Prez
Seoul: South Korean President Park Geun-hye is urging North Korea to abandon its drive for nuclear weapons or face deepening isolation and deteriorating ties with Seoul.
Her national speech on Friday came four days after her inauguration as the country`s first female President. She already faces unusually low popularity ratings. Parliament is gridlocked over objections to her Cabinet nominations and her government restructuring plans.
Ties with Pyongyang are also tense. North Korea conducted its third nuclear test in mid-February and has vowed to continue building nuclear weapons. Pyongyang`s state media today criticised the start of US-South Korean military drills as invasion preparations. The allies call the drills defensive.
Park`s speech marked the 94th anniversary of protests against Japan`s 1910-1945 colonial rule of Korea. She urged Tokyo to take responsibility for past abuse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested