N Korea N-test not an excuse for arms race: Russia
Moscow: Nuclear tests by North Korea should not be used to justify a new round of arms race, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has said.
"This is principally important not to use the current situation to spin up modern arms and any other weapons in that region, neither to use that situation as an excuse for military intervention from outside," Xinhua quoted Lavrov as saying after his meeting with visiting Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi.
He said Moscow and Beijing agreed that nuclear tests conducted in North Korea were unacceptable and deserved condemnation.
The UN Security Council recently strongly condemned the third underground nuclear test conducted by North Korea, saying the move by Pyongyang was "a grave violation" of relevant resolutions of the council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore