N Korea N-test not an excuse for arms race: Russia
Moscow: Nuclear tests by North Korea should not be used to justify a new round of arms race, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has said.
"This is principally important not to use the current situation to spin up modern arms and any other weapons in that region, neither to use that situation as an excuse for military intervention from outside," Xinhua quoted Lavrov as saying after his meeting with visiting Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi.
He said Moscow and Beijing agreed that nuclear tests conducted in North Korea were unacceptable and deserved condemnation.
The UN Security Council recently strongly condemned the third underground nuclear test conducted by North Korea, saying the move by Pyongyang was "a grave violation" of relevant resolutions of the council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- India is 7th wealthiest country in the world, ahead of Canada, Australia and Italy
- SHOCKING! Heads of Moroccan Islamist movement caught having sex on the beach
- Saturn's moon Dione reveals its contrasting features to NASA's Cassini! - See pic
- Divine coincidence! After 5000 years, this 'shubh muhurat' occurs again on Krishna Janmashtami this year—FIND OUT
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Kashmir on Wednesday