N Korea N-test not an excuse for arms race: Russia
Moscow: Nuclear tests by North Korea should not be used to justify a new round of arms race, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has said.
"This is principally important not to use the current situation to spin up modern arms and any other weapons in that region, neither to use that situation as an excuse for military intervention from outside," Xinhua quoted Lavrov as saying after his meeting with visiting Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi.
He said Moscow and Beijing agreed that nuclear tests conducted in North Korea were unacceptable and deserved condemnation.
The UN Security Council recently strongly condemned the third underground nuclear test conducted by North Korea, saying the move by Pyongyang was "a grave violation" of relevant resolutions of the council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan