N Korea names Kim to top national military post
Seoul: North Korea named its young leader Kim Jong-un as First Chairman of the ruling National Defence Commission at a meeting of its Assembly on Friday, capping a rise to power in the reclusive state after the sudden death of his father in December.
Kim Jong-il, who ruled the country as the chairman of the powerful military commission until he died, would remain its chairman for eternity, the North`s official KCNA news agency said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter