N Korea names Kim to top national military post
Seoul: North Korea named its young leader Kim Jong-un as First Chairman of the ruling National Defence Commission at a meeting of its Assembly on Friday, capping a rise to power in the reclusive state after the sudden death of his father in December.
Kim Jong-il, who ruled the country as the chairman of the powerful military commission until he died, would remain its chairman for eternity, the North`s official KCNA news agency said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list