N Korea names Kim to top national military post
Seoul: North Korea named its young leader Kim Jong-un as First Chairman of the ruling National Defence Commission at a meeting of its Assembly on Friday, capping a rise to power in the reclusive state after the sudden death of his father in December.
Kim Jong-il, who ruled the country as the chairman of the powerful military commission until he died, would remain its chairman for eternity, the North`s official KCNA news agency said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa's mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what