N Korea nuke pursuit threatens world: Hillary
Phnom Penh: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says North Korea`s pursuit of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles and "pattern of provocations" are a serious threat to Asian and world security.
North Korea released a statement later today at the Association of Southeast Asian Nations` annual conference in Cambodia saying Washington`s "never-ending nuclear threat" against the North has forced Pyongyang to build atomic weapons.
Animosity runs high after a North Korean rocket launch in April that Washington and Seoul call a cover for a banned long-range missile test. North Korea says it was a satellite launch attempt.
Clinton says Pyongyang`s new leadership should focus on its people`s "needs and aspirations" so it doesn`t "fall further behind."
The North`s statement says its nuclear program is a deterrent that reduces the risk of war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what