N Korea nuke pursuit threatens world: Hillary
Phnom Penh: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says North Korea`s pursuit of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles and "pattern of provocations" are a serious threat to Asian and world security.
North Korea released a statement later today at the Association of Southeast Asian Nations` annual conference in Cambodia saying Washington`s "never-ending nuclear threat" against the North has forced Pyongyang to build atomic weapons.
Animosity runs high after a North Korean rocket launch in April that Washington and Seoul call a cover for a banned long-range missile test. North Korea says it was a satellite launch attempt.
Clinton says Pyongyang`s new leadership should focus on its people`s "needs and aspirations" so it doesn`t "fall further behind."
The North`s statement says its nuclear program is a deterrent that reduces the risk of war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef