N Korea plans to attack US; Russia fears ‘spiral`
Moscow: In the backdrop of growing tensions between North Korea and US, Russia on Friday warned against growing military activity near North Korea, BBC reported.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said, "Tensions in North Korea slipping out of control."
Lavrov also warned that the situation could slip "toward the spiral of a vicious circle".
He suggested that North Korea should cool down, calling on "all sides not to flex their military muscle" and avoid the danger of a belligerent response.
"We are concerned that alongside the adequate, collective reaction of the UN Security Council, unilateral action is being taken around North Korea that is increasing military activity," foreign minister Sergei Lavrov said.
Earlier in the day, the North Korean leader Kim Jong-un had announced preparations for strategic rocket strikes on the US mainland and military bases in the Pacific and South Korea after talks responding to US stealth bomber flights over the Korean peninsula.
The time had come to "settle accounts" with the US, BBC quoted Kim Jong-un as saying.
However, Russia had supported the new UN Security Council sanctions against North Korea in early March.
But Moscow had criticised actions taken outside the council, including US and South Korean military drills.
Annual military drills and fresh UN sanctions have irked the North Korean government.
After a late-night meeting with the army`s strategic rocket force, Kim Jong-un said, "The time has come to settle accounts with the US imperialists", as per BBC reports.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram