N Korea raps US, S Korea use of flag in war drills
Pyongyang: North Korea is calling the use of its national flag in US-South Korean military drills a "grave provocative act" and an insult.
An unidentified Foreign Ministry spokesman said in a statement late yesterday that Pyongyang will continue boosting its nuclear weapons program because of US hostility.
The statement calls the programme "an all-powerful treasured sword for preventing a war”.
The drills on Friday were the allies` biggest since the Korean War. A huge North Korean flag on a hill disappeared behind flames and smoke as South Korean jets and US helicopters fired rockets.
The UN Security Council condemned a North Korean rocket launch in April that Seoul and Washington called a cover for a test of banned long-range missile technology. North Korea says it was meant to launch a satellite.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened