N Korea raps US, S Korea use of flag in war drills
Pyongyang: North Korea is calling the use of its national flag in US-South Korean military drills a "grave provocative act" and an insult.
An unidentified Foreign Ministry spokesman said in a statement late yesterday that Pyongyang will continue boosting its nuclear weapons program because of US hostility.
The statement calls the programme "an all-powerful treasured sword for preventing a war”.
The drills on Friday were the allies` biggest since the Korean War. A huge North Korean flag on a hill disappeared behind flames and smoke as South Korean jets and US helicopters fired rockets.
The UN Security Council condemned a North Korean rocket launch in April that Seoul and Washington called a cover for a test of banned long-range missile technology. North Korea says it was meant to launch a satellite.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming