N Korea raps US, S Korea use of flag in war drills
Pyongyang: North Korea is calling the use of its national flag in US-South Korean military drills a "grave provocative act" and an insult.
An unidentified Foreign Ministry spokesman said in a statement late yesterday that Pyongyang will continue boosting its nuclear weapons program because of US hostility.
The statement calls the programme "an all-powerful treasured sword for preventing a war”.
The drills on Friday were the allies` biggest since the Korean War. A huge North Korean flag on a hill disappeared behind flames and smoke as South Korean jets and US helicopters fired rockets.
The UN Security Council condemned a North Korean rocket launch in April that Seoul and Washington called a cover for a test of banned long-range missile technology. North Korea says it was meant to launch a satellite.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Lifestyle and home remedies to deal with panic attacks!
- Quran desecration case: AAP MLA Naresh Yadav sent to 2-day police custody
- Beijing dodges ASEAN rebuke over South China Sea row
- Afghan civilian casualties at record high in first half of 2016: UN
- Nepal likely to form consensus government within seven days of Oli resigning