N Korea raps US, S Korea use of flag in war drills
Pyongyang: North Korea is calling the use of its national flag in US-South Korean military drills a "grave provocative act" and an insult.
An unidentified Foreign Ministry spokesman said in a statement late yesterday that Pyongyang will continue boosting its nuclear weapons program because of US hostility.
The statement calls the programme "an all-powerful treasured sword for preventing a war”.
The drills on Friday were the allies` biggest since the Korean War. A huge North Korean flag on a hill disappeared behind flames and smoke as South Korean jets and US helicopters fired rockets.
The UN Security Council condemned a North Korean rocket launch in April that Seoul and Washington called a cover for a test of banned long-range missile technology. North Korea says it was meant to launch a satellite.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!