N Korea raps US, S Korea use of flag in war drills
Pyongyang: North Korea is calling the use of its national flag in US-South Korean military drills a "grave provocative act" and an insult.
An unidentified Foreign Ministry spokesman said in a statement late yesterday that Pyongyang will continue boosting its nuclear weapons program because of US hostility.
The statement calls the programme "an all-powerful treasured sword for preventing a war”.
The drills on Friday were the allies` biggest since the Korean War. A huge North Korean flag on a hill disappeared behind flames and smoke as South Korean jets and US helicopters fired rockets.
The UN Security Council condemned a North Korean rocket launch in April that Seoul and Washington called a cover for a test of banned long-range missile technology. North Korea says it was meant to launch a satellite.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand
- When Smriti Irani was denied cabin crew job for 'lack of good personality' - Know Details
- Health Ministry to start awareness campaign on dengue, chikungunya