Pyongyang: North Korea makes "sincere
efforts to resume six-way talks" and is ready to implement agreements on denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula "on the principles of synchronous actions" on the basis of the Joint
Statement of September 19, 2005, a commentary of the Korean
Central News Agency said Tuesday.
However, "the United States insistently demands that we
act first," it noted. The speech at the UN General Assembly
session on September 21 of US President Barack Obama, who believes "North Korea makes no concrete moves towards giving up nuclear weapons," testifies to that, reports said.
"If the implementation of preliminary conditions is needed for the resumption of six-way talks, they must be
binding on an equal basis for all participants," the news
The stance of the USA, which demands the implementation
by North Korea of preliminary conditions on a unilateral basis
"impedes creating an atmosphere of trust," it stressed.
Washington makes a fine mistake, believing that "current
efforts of the Democratic People`s Republic of Korea are
insufficient for the resumption of six-way talks," KCNA said.
It warned that the USA would be responsible if the
emerging opportunity to resume consultations on the nuclear
problem of the Korean peninsula was lost.
Six-way talks in which the USA, China, Japan, Russia and
two Koreas take part, deadlocked at the end of 2008, when
North Korea stopped the process of negotiations after a new
package of UN sanctions had been slapped on it.