N Korea ridicules Japan`s change of leadership
Beijing: Affronted by Japan`s continued
speculation about North Korea`s stability after the death of
Kim Jong-il, Pyongyang on Wednesday ridiculed the frequent changes of
Japanese premiers, saying the country has become "the laughing
stock of the world."
The North`s official Korean Central News Agency
criticised some Japanese lawmakers and commentators for
speculating a possible collapse of the system in North Korea
in the wake of the death of its top leader Kim in December.
"Japan has topped the world list of replacement of prime
ministers, becoming the laughing stock of the world and not a
day passes without unstable domestic politics," KCNA said in a
commentary. "Hence, Japan will never understand the social
system in the DPRK, most stable in the world."
DPRK is the acronym for North Korea`s official name, the
Democratic People`s Republic of Korea.
The KCNA also criticised Japan for failing to offer
official condolences on Kim Jong-il`s death and blocking a
visit to Pyongyang by a senior member of the General
Association of Korean Residents in Japan, or Chongryon, to pay
"The Japanese authorities feared that their flexible
attitude towards the great loss the Korean nation suffered
might cause the support rate for them to further sink," KCNA
said in a separate commentary yesterday.
"Precisely for this reason the present rulers took a
high-handed attitude to meet the interests of the anti-DPRK
forces who consider the abduction issue as a lever for keeping
themselves alive," it said, stressing the issue of past
abductions of Japanese citizens by North Korea "no longer
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked