N Korea rocket launch draws more worry than Iran`s
Tokyo: Two months ago, an Iranian rocket roared off a military launch pad and placed an Earth observation satellite into orbit. The US grumbled about possible missile applications, but that was pretty much it.
Now, North Korea is preparing to launch a rocket to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the birthday of its founder, and it too is telling the world that its goal is to get a satellite into orbit.
But the international condemnation is much louder over the satellite launch North Korea plans this month, with the US promising to scrap a food aid deal if the rocket is launched.
Though the international community is concerned about both countries` satellite launches, Pyongyang`s efforts are seen as a greater threat, in part because it already is believed to be capable of producing nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi