N Korea rocket threatens security: US diplomat
Seoul: The top US envoy for East Asia says North Korea`s failed rocket launch is a threat to international security but he declined to talk about possible sanctions.
US Assistant Secretary of State Kurt Campbell was carefully diplomatic in his comments on Monday to reporters at Seoul`s Foreign Ministry.
He says the world is committed to discouraging future North Korean provocations. But he says the best response is "a very clear and firm coordination" by Washington and its allies.
Strict sanctions and international condemnation haven`t stopped the North from staging two nuclear tests and four long-range rocket launches in recent years. The rocket launched on Friday broke apart over the Yellow Sea shortly after liftoff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive