N Korea sets April 11 date for party conference
Pyongyang: North Korea`s ruling party has announced it will hold a political conference just before a controversial satellite launch.
The state-run Korean Central News Agency reported early Monday that the Workers` Party conference will be held o April 11 in Pyongyang.
North Korea`s new leader, Kim Jong Un, is expected to gain new titles at the conference.
The political gathering takes place just before the start of a five-day window when North Korea says it will launch a satellite into space on the back of a long-range rocket. Pyongyang says it`s part of celebrations marking late President Kim Il Sung`s 100th birthday.
The United States and other nations are pressuring Pyongyang to cancel the launch, saying it will be viewed as a cover for a long-range missile test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi