N Korea sets April 11 date for party conference
Pyongyang: North Korea`s ruling party has announced it will hold a political conference just before a controversial satellite launch.
The state-run Korean Central News Agency reported early Monday that the Workers` Party conference will be held o April 11 in Pyongyang.
North Korea`s new leader, Kim Jong Un, is expected to gain new titles at the conference.
The political gathering takes place just before the start of a five-day window when North Korea says it will launch a satellite into space on the back of a long-range rocket. Pyongyang says it`s part of celebrations marking late President Kim Il Sung`s 100th birthday.
The United States and other nations are pressuring Pyongyang to cancel the launch, saying it will be viewed as a cover for a long-range missile test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today
- Here's what kept Abhay Deol away from silver screen for two years!