N Korea sets April 11 date for party conference
Pyongyang: North Korea`s ruling party has announced it will hold a political conference just before a controversial satellite launch.
The state-run Korean Central News Agency reported early Monday that the Workers` Party conference will be held o April 11 in Pyongyang.
North Korea`s new leader, Kim Jong Un, is expected to gain new titles at the conference.
The political gathering takes place just before the start of a five-day window when North Korea says it will launch a satellite into space on the back of a long-range rocket. Pyongyang says it`s part of celebrations marking late President Kim Il Sung`s 100th birthday.
The United States and other nations are pressuring Pyongyang to cancel the launch, saying it will be viewed as a cover for a long-range missile test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway