N Korea sets April 11 date for party conference
Pyongyang: North Korea`s ruling party has announced it will hold a political conference just before a controversial satellite launch.
The state-run Korean Central News Agency reported early Monday that the Workers` Party conference will be held o April 11 in Pyongyang.
North Korea`s new leader, Kim Jong Un, is expected to gain new titles at the conference.
The political gathering takes place just before the start of a five-day window when North Korea says it will launch a satellite into space on the back of a long-range rocket. Pyongyang says it`s part of celebrations marking late President Kim Il Sung`s 100th birthday.
The United States and other nations are pressuring Pyongyang to cancel the launch, saying it will be viewed as a cover for a long-range missile test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad