N Korea threatens to cut off hotline with S Korea
Seoul: North Korea is threatening to cut off a military communication channel with South Korea and to stop engaging with its southern rival.
North Korea`s powerful National Military Commission also said on Monday that South Korea is escalating a confrontation with the North.
The statement says Pyongyang will cut off communications along the countries` eastern border and shut down a liaison office in a now-stalled joint tourism facility in the North. The statement doesn`t mention other military hotlines.
It says the North will no longer deal with South Korea. Despite that threat, North Korean leader Kim Jong Il is reported to have recently offered to hold direct talks with South Korea`s President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured