N Korea threatens to cut off hotline with S Korea
Seoul: North Korea is threatening to cut off a military communication channel with South Korea and to stop engaging with its southern rival.
North Korea`s powerful National Military Commission also said on Monday that South Korea is escalating a confrontation with the North.
The statement says Pyongyang will cut off communications along the countries` eastern border and shut down a liaison office in a now-stalled joint tourism facility in the North. The statement doesn`t mention other military hotlines.
It says the North will no longer deal with South Korea. Despite that threat, North Korean leader Kim Jong Il is reported to have recently offered to hold direct talks with South Korea`s President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian national, on death row in Indonesia, not executed: Sushma Swaraj
- West Indies vs India 2016: I'm not too worried about my form, says Cheteshwar Pujara
- Maruti to transport vehicles on water!
- Five key moments at the Democratic convention Arrived
- PoK continues to remains tense over rigged election; locals burn Pakistani flag in Neelam Valley