N Korea threatens to cut off hotline with S Korea
Seoul: North Korea is threatening to cut off a military communication channel with South Korea and to stop engaging with its southern rival.
North Korea`s powerful National Military Commission also said on Monday that South Korea is escalating a confrontation with the North.
The statement says Pyongyang will cut off communications along the countries` eastern border and shut down a liaison office in a now-stalled joint tourism facility in the North. The statement doesn`t mention other military hotlines.
It says the North will no longer deal with South Korea. Despite that threat, North Korean leader Kim Jong Il is reported to have recently offered to hold direct talks with South Korea`s President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach