N Korea to fire at any S Korea border loudspeakers
Seoul: North Korea`s military said on Monday it would open fire at any South Korean loudspeakers broadcasting propaganda across the border if Seoul follows through on its pledge to install them.
South Korea’s Defence Minister Kim Tae-Young said the broadcasts, suspended since 2004, would be resumed in response to the North`s sinking of a South Korean warship in March.
It was part of a package of measures announced by Seoul after an official investigation concluded last week that the North had sunk the ship with a torpedo on March 26.
The North has denied involvement in the sinking which cost 46 lives and threatened "all-out war" in response to any punitive measures.
Its military said in a statement that propaganda slogans had already appeared on the South`s side of the border, and the South`s military was moving to set up the loudspeakers.
In a statement on Pyongyang`s official news agency, the North`s military called the alleged actions a "serious military provocation".
"If (South Korea) sets up new tools for psychological warfare such as loudspeakers and leaves slogans for psychological warfare intact, ignoring our demands, we will directly aim and open fire to destroy them," the statement said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?