N Korea trip is private, humanitarian: Richardson
Washington: Former New Mexico Gov Bill Richardson says the US State Department should not be nervous about a visit he`s making to North Korea with Google`s executive chairman, Eric Schmidt.
The former UN ambassador calls the mission a private and humanitarian one. The State Department has advised against the trip. But Richardson says he doesn`t work for the US government.
Richardson also said today he`s concerned about a US citizen detained in North Korea, Kenneth Bae, and has spoken to Bae`s son.
Richardson points out he has helped negotiate the release of US service members and hostages in the past.
Richardson says he`s also concerned about what the US believes is covert North Korean nuclear testing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites