N Korea trip is private, humanitarian: Richardson
Washington: Former New Mexico Gov Bill Richardson says the US State Department should not be nervous about a visit he`s making to North Korea with Google`s executive chairman, Eric Schmidt.
The former UN ambassador calls the mission a private and humanitarian one. The State Department has advised against the trip. But Richardson says he doesn`t work for the US government.
Richardson also said today he`s concerned about a US citizen detained in North Korea, Kenneth Bae, and has spoken to Bae`s son.
Richardson points out he has helped negotiate the release of US service members and hostages in the past.
Richardson says he`s also concerned about what the US believes is covert North Korean nuclear testing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?