N Korea trip is private, humanitarian: Richardson
Washington: Former New Mexico Gov Bill Richardson says the US State Department should not be nervous about a visit he`s making to North Korea with Google`s executive chairman, Eric Schmidt.
The former UN ambassador calls the mission a private and humanitarian one. The State Department has advised against the trip. But Richardson says he doesn`t work for the US government.
Richardson also said today he`s concerned about a US citizen detained in North Korea, Kenneth Bae, and has spoken to Bae`s son.
Richardson points out he has helped negotiate the release of US service members and hostages in the past.
Richardson says he`s also concerned about what the US believes is covert North Korean nuclear testing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje