N Korea warns US commander in S Korea over drills
Seoul: North Korea has warned the top US commander in South Korea to cancel upcoming drills aimed at deterring Pyongyang`s military provocations.
Pyongyang`s official media say the warning was sent to General James Thurman today. The US and South Korea earlier notified the North of their plans to begin the annual Key Resolve and Foal Eagle exercises next month.
North Korea calls the joint drills a prominent example of US hostility against it. Pyongyang says the hostility compelled the North to conduct its February 12 nuclear test.
US officials are negotiating in the UN Security Council for tougher sanctions against North Korea for the nuclear test, the country`s third since 2006.
Washington stations more than 28,000 troops in South Korea in a legacy of the 1950-53 Korean War.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi