N Korea warns US commander in S Korea over drills
Seoul: North Korea has warned the top US commander in South Korea to cancel upcoming drills aimed at deterring Pyongyang`s military provocations.
Pyongyang`s official media say the warning was sent to General James Thurman today. The US and South Korea earlier notified the North of their plans to begin the annual Key Resolve and Foal Eagle exercises next month.
North Korea calls the joint drills a prominent example of US hostility against it. Pyongyang says the hostility compelled the North to conduct its February 12 nuclear test.
US officials are negotiating in the UN Security Council for tougher sanctions against North Korea for the nuclear test, the country`s third since 2006.
Washington stations more than 28,000 troops in South Korea in a legacy of the 1950-53 Korean War.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO