N Korean children chant song believed to hail Kim`s 3rd son
Pyongyang: With a rare conference of North
Korea`s Workers` Party of Korea just around the corner,
school children have been marching Pyongyang streets chanting a
song believed to hail North Korean leader Kim Jong Il`s third
son and heir apparent Jong Un.
At the party conference, which will be held on an yet
unknown date in early September, Kim Jong Un is expected to
receive a key post, paving the way for him to eventually
succeed his 68-year-old father as leader of North Korea.
Almost every morning and evening, several groups of
junior high school students in uniforms march on streets near
Pyongyang Station singing the song, known as "Footsteps," to
promote the upcoming event and the 65th anniversary of the
founding of the party on Oct 10.
They also sing a song for North Korea`s founder Kim Il
Sung and one for Kim Jong Il.
Similar scenes were witnessed last year when the country
staged a 150-day campaign and a 100-day campaign to rebuild
the economy. But schoolchildren apparently did not engage in
such promotional activity earlier this year.
It will be the first time in 44 years that the party has
convened a conference of delegates, which is equally important
as a party congress. The party has not held a congress since
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists