N Korean envoy arrives for US nuclear talks
Beijing: Pyongyang`s top nuclear envoy Tuesday arrived in Beijing ahead of the first nuclear talks with the United States since the death of North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il.
First Vice Foreign Minister Kim Kye Gwan, who did not speak at the Beijing airport, is due to meet US envoy Glyn Davies in Beijing on Thursday.
It will be the third round of such talks since July but the first since Kim`s death in December. The talks are aimed at restarting six-nation aid-for-disarmament negotiations on North Korea`s nuclear program.
The talks are being watched for signals about how North Korea`s young new leader Kim Jong Un will handle the long-running nuclear standoff.
North Korea walked away from the talks in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog