N Korean envoy arrives for US nuclear talks
Beijing: Pyongyang`s top nuclear envoy Tuesday arrived in Beijing ahead of the first nuclear talks with the United States since the death of North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il.
First Vice Foreign Minister Kim Kye Gwan, who did not speak at the Beijing airport, is due to meet US envoy Glyn Davies in Beijing on Thursday.
It will be the third round of such talks since July but the first since Kim`s death in December. The talks are aimed at restarting six-nation aid-for-disarmament negotiations on North Korea`s nuclear program.
The talks are being watched for signals about how North Korea`s young new leader Kim Jong Un will handle the long-running nuclear standoff.
North Korea walked away from the talks in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok