N Korean envoy arrives for US nuclear talks
Beijing: Pyongyang`s top nuclear envoy Tuesday arrived in Beijing ahead of the first nuclear talks with the United States since the death of North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il.
First Vice Foreign Minister Kim Kye Gwan, who did not speak at the Beijing airport, is due to meet US envoy Glyn Davies in Beijing on Thursday.
It will be the third round of such talks since July but the first since Kim`s death in December. The talks are aimed at restarting six-nation aid-for-disarmament negotiations on North Korea`s nuclear program.
The talks are being watched for signals about how North Korea`s young new leader Kim Jong Un will handle the long-running nuclear standoff.
North Korea walked away from the talks in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!