N Korean leader Kim tours Chinese border cities
Changchun: North Korean leader Kim
Jong Il apparently toured several Chinese border cities on Sunday
while on a secretive trip reportedly aimed at drumming up
support for a succession plan involving his youngest son.
Reporters have followed a motorcade, apparently used by
the reclusive Kim, around several cities in northeast China.
The 35-vehicle convoy accompanied by police cars with flashing
lights was seen headed to the train station in Changchun
In a photograph carried by Japan`s Kyodo News agency, a
man in a khaki jumpsuit with thinning hair believed to be Kim
is seen shaking hands at the train station with a man it
identified as a senior Chinese official. The two men are
standing on a red carpet and are surrounded by many officials.
Kim rarely leaves North Korea and when he does he travels
by special train. South Korea`s Yonhap news agency reported
today that Kim was believed to have travelled to Yanbian, a
Korean autonomous prefecture in the far northeastern Chinese
province of Jilin bordering North Korea, after leaving
Kim is believed to have toured the cities of Yanji, Tumen
and Hunchun in Yanbian, Yonhap reported, citing an
unidentified source in Beijing. It said Kim would likely
return home later today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair