N Korean leader Kim tours Chinese border cities
Changchun: North Korean leader Kim
Jong Il apparently toured several Chinese border cities on Sunday
while on a secretive trip reportedly aimed at drumming up
support for a succession plan involving his youngest son.
Reporters have followed a motorcade, apparently used by
the reclusive Kim, around several cities in northeast China.
The 35-vehicle convoy accompanied by police cars with flashing
lights was seen headed to the train station in Changchun
In a photograph carried by Japan`s Kyodo News agency, a
man in a khaki jumpsuit with thinning hair believed to be Kim
is seen shaking hands at the train station with a man it
identified as a senior Chinese official. The two men are
standing on a red carpet and are surrounded by many officials.
Kim rarely leaves North Korea and when he does he travels
by special train. South Korea`s Yonhap news agency reported
today that Kim was believed to have travelled to Yanbian, a
Korean autonomous prefecture in the far northeastern Chinese
province of Jilin bordering North Korea, after leaving
Kim is believed to have toured the cities of Yanji, Tumen
and Hunchun in Yanbian, Yonhap reported, citing an
unidentified source in Beijing. It said Kim would likely
return home later today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers