N Korean missiles ready for military parade: Report
Seoul: North Korea has mobilised a variety of missiles in preparation for a massive military parade later this month to mark the 60th anniversary since the end of the Korean War, a report said on Friday.
Satellite imagery has revealed more than 10,000 North Korean soldiers practising for the parade at Mirim Airport near Pyongyang, Seoul-based Yonhap news agency said.
It quoted a South Korean military source as saying short and mid-range missiles were seen installed on mobile launchers. The South`s defence ministry declined to confirm the report.
Military officials in Seoul are paying great attention to whether the North will present its newest missiles capable of carrying nuclear warheads in the parade, Yonhap said.
The parade is in preparation for the July 27 anniversary since the end of the Korean War, celebrated by the North as the "Day of Victory", it said.
In February, the North`s ruling communist party unveiled plans to hold a military parade, mass rallies and a show of fireworks for this year`s celebrations.
In a related move, North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un visited a war museum built anew to mark the anniversary, Pyongyang`s official Korean Central News Agency reported yesterday.
The two Koreas are still technically at war because the 1950-53 Korean War ended with an armistice rather than a peace treaty.
The North has threatened to shred the 60-year-old armistice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared