N Korean missiles ready for military parade: Report
Seoul: North Korea has mobilised a variety of missiles in preparation for a massive military parade later this month to mark the 60th anniversary since the end of the Korean War, a report said on Friday.
Satellite imagery has revealed more than 10,000 North Korean soldiers practising for the parade at Mirim Airport near Pyongyang, Seoul-based Yonhap news agency said.
It quoted a South Korean military source as saying short and mid-range missiles were seen installed on mobile launchers. The South`s defence ministry declined to confirm the report.
Military officials in Seoul are paying great attention to whether the North will present its newest missiles capable of carrying nuclear warheads in the parade, Yonhap said.
The parade is in preparation for the July 27 anniversary since the end of the Korean War, celebrated by the North as the "Day of Victory", it said.
In February, the North`s ruling communist party unveiled plans to hold a military parade, mass rallies and a show of fireworks for this year`s celebrations.
In a related move, North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un visited a war museum built anew to mark the anniversary, Pyongyang`s official Korean Central News Agency reported yesterday.
The two Koreas are still technically at war because the 1950-53 Korean War ended with an armistice rather than a peace treaty.
The North has threatened to shred the 60-year-old armistice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan