N Korean missiles ready for military parade: Report
Seoul: North Korea has mobilised a variety of missiles in preparation for a massive military parade later this month to mark the 60th anniversary since the end of the Korean War, a report said on Friday.
Satellite imagery has revealed more than 10,000 North Korean soldiers practising for the parade at Mirim Airport near Pyongyang, Seoul-based Yonhap news agency said.
It quoted a South Korean military source as saying short and mid-range missiles were seen installed on mobile launchers. The South`s defence ministry declined to confirm the report.
Military officials in Seoul are paying great attention to whether the North will present its newest missiles capable of carrying nuclear warheads in the parade, Yonhap said.
The parade is in preparation for the July 27 anniversary since the end of the Korean War, celebrated by the North as the "Day of Victory", it said.
In February, the North`s ruling communist party unveiled plans to hold a military parade, mass rallies and a show of fireworks for this year`s celebrations.
In a related move, North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un visited a war museum built anew to mark the anniversary, Pyongyang`s official Korean Central News Agency reported yesterday.
The two Koreas are still technically at war because the 1950-53 Korean War ended with an armistice rather than a peace treaty.
The North has threatened to shred the 60-year-old armistice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM