N Korea’s 1st lady spotted with £1,000 Dior bag
London: When North Korea’s new first lady was pictured carrying what looked like a Dior evening pouch, eyebrows shot up over the border in South Korea and across the rest of the world.
With its plush leather quilting and signature ‘D’-shaped silver tags, a Christian Dior handbag stands for all that is the most luxurious about Western culture, the Daily Mail reported.
However, in case of North Korea, the country of 24 million has suffered severe food shortages since a famine in the mid-1990s killed hundreds of thousands, but the state’s totalitarian rulers have copious personal wealth and are said to live a lavish lifestyle.
It is unclear whether the bag is genuine or an imitation, but South Korea’s JoongAng Ilbo newspaper said it would cost 1.8 million won in the capital, Seoul.
Glamorous twenty-something Ri Sol-Ju has sparked intense media interest since she was unveiled as the wife of 28-year-old Supreme Leader Kim Jong-Un in July this year.
A former pop singer, the attractive young woman has been photographed in a range of chic yet conservative outfits which recall the ladylike style of Kate Middleton or Carla Bruni.
The picture which reveals her costly bag was released by North Korea’s official Korean Central News Agency, and was taken as the leader and his wife visited a unit of the Korean People’s Army.
In contrast to his wife, Kim Jong-Un was clad in his customary Mao-style dark suit.
Ri Sol-Ju has previously been snapped in a red polka dot jacket, black dress and somewhat nervous smile while attending the opening of an amusement park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read